The Enlightened Cat started off as a small yoga class for friends and family in April 2014. Gradually, over the course of 3 years, it has grown to a cozy home studio offering over 12 classes a week with 6 different teachers plus a yoga shala in Jinja!
TEC is more of a community than a yoga studio. Though it was established by Payal, it is now a thriving garden being watered by all the teachers and students who come to practice and share. Our team of teachers, though like-minded, is versatile and every team member has something different to offer along with yoga.
At TEC, our vision is two-fold:
1. to introduce yoga, meditation and mindfulness to the lives of as many people as we can and create a safe space for support, sharing and growth,
2. to create a community and a safe space where anyone can come to find yoga, meditation, laughter, friendship, support and free hugs.
We currently offer:
• multiple daily yoga classes of various styles
• yoga and meditation workshops
• yoga retreats
• private yoga and meditation classes
• personal development workshops and programs
• yoga teacher training courses (TTC), and
• recommendations for nutrition counseling, massages, alternative healing and any other holistic health related remedy.
We love to share our knowledge, and we make sure everyone has an opportunity to practice at their own level.
Stop by and say hi!
-Payal & Team